General Discussion

I Have Two Questions

Meta
Last Reply: 2 years ago
| 13 Replies | 4 Users

I have two questions for you guys, who is the administrator of this forum and which forum script is being used?

T
Gold
By Tanuj Singh
Created On: Apr 27, 2015 06:15 AM
13 Replies
P
Gold
We use [Discourse][1] and the admins are NDTV Gadgets staff members. [1]:
By Pranay Parab |May 01, 2015 08:18 AM
In reply to: I Have Two Questions

We use Discourse and the admins are NDTV Gadgets staff members.

1 Reply
Was this review helpful? Yes No
T
Gold
That's a good one but not so great, I would've recommended [MyBB][1], it's the best open source forum script which has
By Tanuj Singh |May 01, 2015 09:49 AM
In reply to: We use [Discourse][1] and the admins are NDTV Gadgets staff members. [1]:

That's a good one but not so great, I would've recommended MyBB, it's the best open source forum script which has NO LIMITATIONS and you can expand as much as you want plus it also has a ton of themes and there are many MyBB Devs./Designers out there including me smile

BTW, you use Discourse hosting?
Have you got DDoS protection?
Do you use CloudFlare CDN?

1 Reply
P
Gold
We aren't thinking of switching. And we love Discourse because it's less intimidating for new users. I've used many
By Pranay Parab |May 06, 2015 07:54 AM
In reply to: That's a good one but not so great, I would've recommended [MyBB][1], it's the best open source forum script which has

We aren't thinking of switching. And we love Discourse because it's less intimidating for new users. I've used many forum software (including myBB, which I don't like) and this is not bad at all.

I can't answer your questions, sorry. I don't oversee the technical side of things.

1 Reply
T
Gold
You don't like MyBB
By Tanuj Singh |May 06, 2015 09:41 AM
In reply to: We aren't thinking of switching. And we love Discourse because it's less intimidating for new users. I've used many

You don't like MyBB open_mouth

1 Reply
H
Silver
[quote="Tanuj, post:5, topic:1787, full:true"] You don't like MyBB [/quote] And my blog links too
By HRKGamer |May 19, 2015 10:19 AM
In reply to: You don't like MyBB
1 Reply
T
Gold
Wow, you've taken that too seriously
By Tanuj Singh |May 19, 2015 10:24 AM
In reply to: [quote="Tanuj, post:5, topic:1787, full:true"] You don't like MyBB [/quote] And my blog links too

Wow, you've taken that too seriously XD

H
Silver
No I mean NDTV took it seriously. And it kinda pissed me off....though I will respect their judgement considering it's
By HRKGamer |May 19, 2015 10:28 AM

No I mean NDTV took it seriously. And it kinda pissed me off....though I will respect their judgement considering it's their website

1 Reply
T
Gold
Yes, I've also faced it many times LOL that's why I don't do this stuff now (Because I became such a nuisance that
By Tanuj Singh |May 19, 2015 10:31 AM
In reply to: No I mean NDTV took it seriously. And it kinda pissed me off....though I will respect their judgement considering it's

Yes, I've also faced it many times LOL that's why I don't do this stuff now (Because I became such a nuisance that they banned me).

1 out of 1 user(s) found this reply helpful
i got your mail u said lenovo is best but redmi2 motorola 2nd generation is not good
By Anilkaprwan |May 19, 2015 11:10 AM

i got your mail u said lenovo is best but redmi2 motorola 2nd generation is not good ??

1 Reply
T
Gold
They both lack features, some way or the
By Tanuj Singh |May 19, 2015 11:15 AM
In reply to: i got your mail u said lenovo is best but redmi2 motorola 2nd generation is not good

They both lack features, some way or the other.

H
Silver
E2 sucks. Redmi 2 however, is a brilliant phone for first time rooters. It's good without root, but splendid when
By HRKGamer |May 19, 2015 12:24 PM

E2 sucks. Redmi 2 however, is a brilliant phone for first time rooters. It's good without root, but splendid when overclocked and RAM is increased

1 Reply
T
Gold
Overlocking in a smatphone? LOL, it can make the chip burn and increasing RAM with an SD Card doesn't actually increase
By Tanuj Singh |May 19, 2015 12:35 PM
In reply to: E2 sucks. Redmi 2 however, is a brilliant phone for first time rooters. It's good without root, but splendid when

Overlocking in a smatphone? LOL, it can make the chip burn and increasing RAM with an SD Card doesn't actually increase it, it's like VRAM.

P
Gold
Reply by Pranay Parab
May 22, 2015 07:37 AM
Loading... In Process